Outlook is the most used email application across the globe and PST is the crucial file by which it works. Outlook PST has all the data, emails, contacts, attachments, and other files. If the PST file is corrupt, Outlook cannot fetch the data and it fails to function, giving error messages. One such error is ‘Outlook.PST is not Cleanly Closed by Last Program’. When Outlook is opened it gives this error. The main cause of this error is not known. But if not fixed at early stage it may result in Outlook data loss. Here are some methods to fix the Outlook PST not closed error.
Occurrence of Error in Outlook
As soon as the Outlook is opened user come across the error ‘A data file did not close properly’ or depending upon the Outlook version most of the users also complained of ‘the data file personal folders was not closed properly’. When the Outlook diagnostics is run it warns for Outlook performance and then end by message ‘data file check complete’. But the Outlook PST error is not resolved
Possible Causes of Outlook PST Not Closed Properly
- When an external extension or add-in is installed in Outlook from unknown sources
- Windows system shutdown without closing the Outlook application or when Outlook is processing
- Virus Attacks or malware files
These are the possible cases of Outlook error but not definite. So, try these top methods and fix the Outlook PST not closed error.
Disable Add-ins By Running Outlook in Safe Mode
- First, Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Shift+Delete or CTRL+Shift+ESC key.
- Now, From the Task Manager click on more options and click on the Processes tab
- Look for the Outlook app and click on End, to stop Outlook from running and make sure no other application is using Outlook services
- Start the Outlook in safe mode for this, press the window key + R
- In the run window type Outlook /safe and press OK.
- If Outlook opens go to File>> Options and then Add-ins
- Select COM Add-ins and click on Go
- Now disable the add-ins and uncheck them, click OK
- Now restart Outlook and it will open without error.
Repair PST File using ScanPST.exe
As described above PST is the most important file in Outlook, any issue in PST results in error. So, repair PST with ScanPST.exe tool
- Open the windows explorer and browse to location where Outlook is installed.
- Now find ScanPST.exe in Outlook folders and start it
- Now click on browse button and add the PST file
- Click on scan and the tool will scan PST for error
- If any errors are found then click on ‘Repair’
- ScanPST will fix the errors in PST
- Again scan the PST and continue to do so until PST becomes error free
- In this way, the Outlook PST error will get resolved
Using the PST Repair Tool
If the manual methods do not work out, then the only method that could fix ‘Outlook PST Not closed properly’ is using Outlook PST Repair tool. Equipped with all the latest features PST Repair and Recovery tool fix all Outlook errors. Features of Outlook PST Repair Tool are
- It deeply scans the corrupt PST file and then recovers deleted components that helps in PST recovery
- The PST repair tool fix all the Outlook errors in one go
- The tool gives users flexibility to search PST if the location of file is not known
- With Outlook PST tool user can recover the deleted files easily
- The recovered PST file can be saved in EML/ MSG/ RTF/ HTML formats
- PST file can be exported to Office 365
- The software is compatible with all the Outlook versions.
So, whatever may be the reason PST Repair tool works in all scenarios and gives a error-free, complete data PST file. Use the PST Repair and Recovery software to resolve ‘Outlook.PST is not Cleanly Closed by Last Program’ error. Download Outlook PST Recovery Software from below link